COMANCO Superintendent Matt Carroll and his team continue to make progress with the closure at New River landfill. The final closure consists of 15 acres of exposed geomembrane, ballast trenches, and a toe drain collection system that will be the first permitted final closure of its kind in the State of Florida.
COMANCO is proud to work hand-in-hand with the New River Solid Waste Association on this closure project. NRSWA has an excellent reputation throughout Florida and has been awarded the SWANA Gold Excellence Award for Best Managed Landfill in North America.
Work Complete To Date:
- 1,000 LF of 1,994 LF of Toe Drain Installed
- 470 LF of 2,525 LF of Anchor Trench Excavated
- 2,643 LF of 11,458 LF of Ballast Trench Excavated and Backfilled
- Over 158,653 SF of Exposed Geomembrane Cover Installed. This scope of work is the First permitted final closure of its kind in the state of Florida.
- 3,239 LF of 11,458 LF of the Double Wedge Weld at the Ballast Trenches. This scope is part of the modified fusion welder and specific welding techniques that COMANCO developed specifically for this kind of project.
- Installed 8 of 78 pipe boots
COMANCO is an environmental, commercial, and civil construction company specializing in the construction of containment facilities and the nation’s leading service provider to the geosynthetics marketplace.
SAFETY ★ QUALITY ★ SERVICE