COMANCO Environmental recently wrapped up another C & D (construction and debris) landfill cell expansion in Apopka, FL. This particular project was a new 6-acre cell to be put in use once the adjacent, active cell runs out of space. Key tasks of the scope of work consisted of:
- Landclearing, balancing the existing earthwork and importing fill to get to liner sub-grade,
- Installation of a 630 LF leachate collection system (down center, lowpoint of cell),
- Sump area at low end of cell with concrete structure above for the sump riser pipes & pump system,
- 1,600 LF of 10 x 6 dual contained leachate forcemain (outside of cell),
- Two feet of protective cover soil placed over liner system with 150’ x 150’ built-up Turn Around Pad in corner for dump truck access,
- Perimeter stormwater dich with concrete ditchblocks, inlet and outfall structures constructed around the cell’s exterior,
- Limerock Access Road built around cell’s exterior tieing into site’s existing access roads.
This was another safe project with no accidents or injuries completed by COMANCO. Superintendent, Bill Newman, and Foremen, Matt Carroll and Jorge Gomez, led the hard-working crew through the duration of this job.